Thursday, April 21, 2011

Farewell!

Hello All:

I will be leaving the PWC VISTA Project as Coordinator on 4/29 to begin a very similar position with the Mott Foundation and Boys and Girls Club of Greater Flint on 5/9. This has been a tremendous growing experience for me over the last four years, personally and professionally. I am very grateful for all I've learned, the friends I've made and the greater understanding I have of the community and development. As each member comes and then moves on to bigger things I can see pieces of the greater puzzle. I see service etched into their thinking and solving processes, I can see a greater sense of self through community and I can see a deeper connection to the people, buildings and environment around them. Service has so many benefits and I'm proud to have been a part of it. Thank you to all for making this a success. Lansing will always be in my heart and I am carrying with me all these success stories to the new project in Flint. I will be in touch! I am passing this blog and the website off to Sergio Ruiz, VISTA to the Power of We Consortium, as of today. Peace, love and good food to all.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment